We now have an opportunity for an experienced Dev Ops Engineer who is looking for a new challenge and who will play a key role in our company’s growth by ensuring our development systems and processes are fit for purpose as we scale.
What you will do:
Working closely with our engineers you will help to plan and build our infrastructure and development working practices, identifying areas for improvement and helping to build tools to drive efficient and scalable software development. In particular, you will:
- design and develop automation and testing tools across the entire development stack including maintaining frameworks for the provisioning of physical, virtual and containerised machines or services via tools such as Ansible and Docker, testing and implementing continuous integration and deployment pipelines (using Jenkins) and supporting the scalability of the development stack by scripting Infrastructure as a Service
- monitor and optimize system performance, availability and scalability
- install, configure and maintain Windows and Linux server software
- install and upgrade operating systems on various devices
- create and maintain documentation on configuration, design etc.
- perform security audits and assist with hardening servers and systems against attack
- maintain packaging systems
- integrate various SaaS tools to improve automation, reporting and productivity
It is important that you are happy working in a small team in a fast-moving start up environment, where every day brings new challenges and where you will have the opportunity to learn quickly. It is also important that you are happy working within the framework of our company values and that you will be able to live these values in your career with us.
In the current situation, we are all working remotely. While we will offer you support and help to get up to speed quickly, you must be happy to integrate into a new team and company while working independently. In due course we will return to our office on Cambridge University’s West Campus, but even then, we plan to offer a mixture of home and office-based work to all our team members.
What we need:
We are looking for someone who will be an advocate for DevOps best practice, and who wants a role where their work will make a real impact on the team and its ability to deliver our unique, world beating products. You must be able to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities and be keen to get involved in new and challenging work as well as maintaining routine services. You should also have the following specific skills and experience:
· good experience of developing continuous integration or deployment pipelines
· knowledge of cloud APIs such as Boto
· familiarity with packaging systems such as Debian or RPM and the configuration of their repositories
· networking fundamentals including SSH, VPCs, firewalls, proxies
· a solid understanding of security architectures including PKIs, CAs and HTTPS
· scripting experience, primarily Python or Bash
· android or Embedded experience
What would make your application really get our attention:
● experience of using REST APIs or gluing microservices together
● hands-on use of Raspberry Pi