We have an opportunity for another Senior Software Engineer to join our Software API team. We need someone who cares about software excellence and who is able to use their passion for best engineering practices to make a real contribution to our core code base.
This is a great career opportunity for an experienced engineer with good coding skills to work on really challenging technology, learn new skills and develop their career in one of Cambridge’s most exciting start-ups.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be developing the software for our core API which will be embedded into customers’ products. You will help to design, architect and implement core C++ algorithms and functionality. You will also take a leading role in the maintenance of our test suites and build and delivery systems.
As a senior team member, as well as being responsible for your own work, you will leverage your excellent coding experience to help review other developers’ code and mentor less experienced colleagues. It is important that you are happy working in a small team in a fast-moving start up environment, where every day brings new challenges and where you will have the opportunity to learn quickly.
In the current situation, we are all working remotely. While we will offer you support and help to get up to speed quickly, you must be happy to integrate into a new team and company while working independently. In due course we will return to our office on Cambridge University’s West Campus, but even then, we plan to offer a mixture of home and office-based work to all our team members.
What we need:
• excellent modern C++
• knowledge of audio or good DSP skills
• Python 3
• familiarity with CMake
• solid experience of software coding in a commercial company
• demonstrable ability to produce clear, well structured, robust and algorithmically efficient code
• multithreaded/multiprocessor programming
• experience of development on multiple architectures and operating systems: Linux is a requirement
Experience with the following tools is highly desirable:
• Android (native C++ libraries)
What would make your application stand out:
• experience of embedded programming.
• development on Raspberry Pi
• Windows software development.
• NumPy/SciPy or MATLAB