We are scaling the company, which means that we have an opportunity for an additional Software Engineer to join our Software API team. We need someone who cares about software excellence and who is keen to progress their career working on customer facing projects.
This is a great career opportunity for an engineer with good coding skills and previous experience of commercial software development to work on really challenging technology, learn new skills and develop their career in one of Cambridge’s most exciting start-ups.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will:
- help to integrate our public API into customers’ products
- deploy existing interfaces and extend our core C++ algorithms and functionality to meet the specific requirements of each customer use case
- participate in the maintenance of our various documentation, test, build and delivery systems as we scale to support a larger variety of deployments.
It is important that you are happy working in a small team in a fast-moving start up environment, where every day brings new challenges and where you will have the opportunity to learn quickly. It is also important that you are happy working within the framework of our company values and that you will be able to live these values in your career with us.
In the current situation, we are all working remotely. While we will offer you support and help to get up to speed quickly, you must be happy to integrate into a new team and company while working independently. In due course we will return to our office on Cambridge University’s West Campus, but even then, we plan to offer a mixture of home and office-based work to all our team members.
What we need:
- experience of working to customer requirements
- excellent C++
- Python 3
- experience of development on Linux
- familiarity with Android apps
- demonstrable ability to produce clear, well structured, robust and algorithmically efficient code
- demonstrable ability to thrive in a fast-moving commercial environment
- technical writing skills
What would make your application stand out:
- Jenkins pipelines
- familiarity with CMake
- embedded software, for example Yocto
- familiarity with audio and video file formats